Singapore Work Permit Renewal Services Include:
- Pre-renewal information and advising on Singapore Work Permit
- WP Online filing of (Work Permit Renewal)
- Tracking Work Permit renewal status while under processing
- Liaising with Direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Arranging for issuance of Work Permit upon in-principle approval (IPA)
- Filing of unlimited appeal in case of rejection of Work Permit renewal
How To Renew Work Permit
You can (Renew Work Permit) online 6 to 8 weeks before it expires. Before renewing, you also need to complete certain steps, such as checking your quota and extending the worker’s security bond and medical insurance.
Pass holders can only do their medical examinations for renewals in Phase 2 (Safe Transition period).
MOM will allow you to renew Work Permits expiring from 6 June 2020 to 15 July 2020 for 3 months first without the pass holders’ medical results. Find out what you need to do.
When to renew work permit:
- Six to eight weeks before the permit expires. You can go to WP Online to view the list of workers eligible for renewal
Who can renew work permit:
- Employer or appointed employment agency (EA)
How much it costs:
- MOM Cost $35 per renewal
How long it takes:
- The outcome is immediate
Renew Work Permit Procedure
You should renew the work permit 6 to 8 weeks before it expires.
If your worker plans to travel overseas just before the Work Permit expiry date, you should renew the Singapore Work Permit before he leaves Singapore.
You can go to WP Online to:
- View the list of workers eligible for renewal.
- Print a copy of the renewal letter if you didn’t receive it.
If you renew the Work Permit late, you’re still liable for the levy after it expires. Levy penalties or overstaying fine, if applicable, may also be imposed.
You will need the following documents and information for renewal:
Scanned copy of the personal particulars page of the worker’s passport (including pages that have amendments)
- Check that the worker’s passport has enough validity to cover the intended period of employment. To get a 2-year Work Permit, the passport needs to be valid for at least 25 months.
Security bond (for non-Malaysian workers)
- Get a new security bond and complete the Security Bond Form.
- The bank or insurance company must send us the new security bond details before you renew the permit.
- The effective date of the security bond can be post-dated up to 1 day after the expiry date of the existing Work Permit.
- Extend your worker’s existing medical insurance or get a new policy.
- You can buy medical insurance from the same bank or insurance company where you buy the security bond.
Work Permit renewal notice and application form
- Print this form in WP Online.
Details for card delivery (only if the notification letter states that the worker will be getting a new card)
You will need:
- An address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- The names, NRIC, FIN or passport numbers, mobile numbers, and email addresses of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card.
Processing time: Immediate
You can renew the Work Permit online.
To renew work permit:
- Register the worker’s residential address and mobile number using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) – at least an hour before renewing the pass online.
- Log in to WP Online to submit the application and upload the required documents. You may be asked to upload more or fewer documents during online renewal depending on what you have entered.
Print and refer to the renewal notice and application form in WP Online under the “Renew” function for specific instructions.
- Pay MOM Cost $35 for each renewal. You can pay by GIRO, VISA, Master Card or eNETS debit.
print and check the notification letter to see:
|If notification letter states||The existing card|
|Getting a new card.||Must be returned according to instructions given in the notification letter.|
|Continue using the existing card.|
Must be kept by the worker.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
- Should be given to the worker. It allows the worker to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
If you need to return the old card, you or your employment agency can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
The Work Permit is usually valid for 2 years. However, it may be shorter depending on:
- The expiry of the worker’s passport. If it expires in less than 2 years, the duration will be until 1 month before the expiry date.
- The validity of the security bond. If it is less than 26 months, the duration until 2 months before the security bond expires.
- The validity of the prior approval (if applicable).
- The maximum employment period of your workers (see your sector’s Work Permit requirements).