Work Permit Renewal Fee
Per Renewal Inclusive Of MOM Cost
Our Services Include:
- Pre-renewal information and advising on Singapore Work Permit
- WP Online filing of “Work Permit Renewal”
- Tracking Work Permit renewal status while under processing
- Liaising with direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Filing of appeal in case of rejection of Work Permit Renewal
- Medical Check-Up Cost – Add $0.00
- Purchase Insurance (Workmen Compensation) – Add $0.00
- Purchase Security Deposit Bond – Add $0.00 Per Annum
Work Permit Renew Process Singapore
“Renew Work Permit” online 6 to 8 weeks before it expires. Before renewing, you also need to complete certain steps, such as checking your quota and extending the worker’s security bond and medical insurance.
The Work Permit renewal notice and application form will indicate whether your workers are required to do a medical examination for you to get their Work Permits renewed.
For workers who are currently on Stay-Home Notice or Quarantine Order and cannot do their medical examinations, you can request for time to get the Work Permit renewed. You can also submit this request if your workers are waiting for a new passport.
For workers who are unable to return to Singapore to have their Work Permits renewed, please cancel the Work Permits and re-apply for them when the COVID-19 situation has stabilised.
For all other workers, please send them for their medical examinations (if required) and renew the Work Permits to keep them.
Renewing Work Permit Procedure
When to renew work permit
6 to 8 weeks before the work permit expires.
If your worker plans to travel overseas just before the Work Permit expiry date, you should renew the Work Permit before he leaves Singapore.
WP Online service:
- View the list of workers eligible for renewal.
- Print a copy of the renewal letter if you didn’t receive it.
Who can renew WP
Employer or Appointed licensed employment agent (EA).
How much does it cost
MOM costs $35 per work permit renewal.
How long does it take
The result is immediate.
Late WP renewal
If you renew your Work Permit late, you will still be subject to the levy after it expires. If applicable, levy penalties or an overstaying fine may also be imposed.
If you are unable to renew your Work Permit on time, you may request an extension.
For work permit renewal, you will need the following documents and information:
Scanned copy of the personal particulars page of the worker’s passport (including pages that have amendments)
- Check that the worker’s passport has enough validity to cover the intended period of employment. To get a 2-year Work Permit, the passport needs to be valid for at least 25 months.
Security bond (for non-Malaysian workers)
- Get a new security bond and complete the Security Bond Form.
- The bank or insurance company must send us the new security bond details before you renew the permit.
- The effective date of the security bond can be post-dated up to 1 day after the expiry date of the existing Work Permit.
- Extend your worker’s existing medical insurance or get a new policy.
- You can buy medical insurance from the same bank or insurance company where you buy the security bond.
Work Permit renewal notice and application form
- Print this form in WP Online.
Details for card delivery (only if the notification letter states that the worker will be getting a new card)
You will need:
- An address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- The names, NRIC, FIN or passport numbers, mobile numbers, and email addresses of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card.
How do we renew WP
We can renew the Work Permit online.
To renew work permit:
- Register the worker’s residential address and mobile number using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) – at least an hour before renewing the pass online.
- We will submit the application via WP Online and upload the required documents. You may be asked to upload more or fewer documents during online renewal depending on what we have entered.
What is the validity period
Work permits are typically valid for two years. It may, however, be shorter depending on:
- The worker's passport has expired. If it expires in less than two years, it will be valid until one month before the expiry date.
- The security bond's validity. If the duration is less than 26 months, it is extended until two months before the security bond expires.
- The validity of the prior approval (if applicable).
- The maximum period of employment for your employees (refer to the Work Permit requirements for your sector).
Before renewing the Work Permit, you should renew your worker's passport and security bond to get the full 2-year duration. Passport renewal requirements may be imposed by embassies.
After the work permit is renewed
Print and check the notification letter to see:
|IF NOTIFICATION LETTER STATES||THE EXISTING CARD|
|Getting a new card.||Must be returned according to instructions given in the notification letter.|
|Continue using the existing card.|
Must be kept by the worker.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
- Should be given to the worker. It allows the worker to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
Return the old work permit card
If you need to return the old card, you or your employment agency can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:
Check if MOM have received the card.
Tell MOM why you are unable to return the card.