Letter Of Consent Application Services
WorkPass Pte Ltd is a registered employment agency and has been approved and licensed by the Ministry of Manpower to handle the Letter Of Consent Application on your behalf. We can help with the initial stage of making sure that you meet the eligibility criteria, through to all required compliance checks, right through to the actual application process itself.
The letter of consent is a document issued by the Ministry of Manpower to the Dependant Pass and Long Term Visit Pass holders that entitles them to the right to work in Singapore under a Singapore-registered company.
How To Apply Letter Of Consent (LOC) In Singapore
Once the Letter Of Consent application is approved, the employer will receive the LOC, which will allow the foreigner to work in Singapore for the specified job and period. It is important to note that the LOC is tied to the employer and job, and the foreigner will need to apply for a new LOC if they wish to change employers or jobs.
|Who it is for||DP/LTVP/LTVP+ holders who want to work in Singapore.|
|Apply LOC||WorkPass Pte Ltd – Your Appointed MOM Licensed Employment Agency – EA|
|Is it renewable||Yes.|
|Levy or quota||No foreign worker levy or quota is not required.|
Higher Approval Rate, Faster Processing Time!
Letter Of Consent For Dependant Pass Holders Who Are Business Owners
You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an eligible Dependant’s Pass holder who wishes to operate a business.
Who can apply
WorkPass Pte Ltd – Your appointed employment agent to submit Letter Of Consent application on your behalf.
DP holders who are business owners
In order for the DP holder to work for the company while being a business owner, he or she needs to apply for the LOC who wish to operate a business in Singapore can apply for the LOC as well.
To be eligible, an applicant should belong to one of the following types of business owners:
- A company director with at least 30% shareholding in that company;
- The sole proprietor of an ACRA-registered business;
- A partner of an ACRA-registered business.
Please note that in order to obtain a LOC, the DP, LTVP, or LTVP+ has to be valid for at least 3 months. In the case of the LTVP and LTVP+ the candidate must have a job offer from a Singapore employer as well.
To be eligible for a renewal of the LOC, you will also need to hire at least one Singaporean / Permanent Resident who earns at least the prevailing Local Qualifying Salary and receives CPF contributions for at least 3 months.
Apply Letter Of Consent For ICA-Issued LTVP/LTVP+ Holders
You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an Long-Term Visit Pass or Long-Term Visit Pass+ holder who is the spouse or unmarried child of a Singaporean or PR. Find out the eligibility requirements and how to apply.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:
- An LTVP/LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or PR.
- An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or PR, who holds an LTVP.
The LTVP/LTVP+ has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.
- You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess.
Who can apply
WorkPass Pte Ltd – Your appointed employment agent can apply for the LOC on your behalf. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.
Duration of the pass
The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:
- What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
The expiry date of the LTVP/LTVP+.
The LOC stops being valid when:
- The LTVP/LTVP+ is cancelled or expires.
- You are no longer employed by the company.
The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.
Singapore Letter Of Consent Eligibility
Letter Of Consent changes
- Family members of foreigners working here who hold dependant’s pass (DPs) must obtain a work pass if they want to seek employment here
- The change will take effect from May 1 2021
- Employers who currently hire them must apply for work passes if they want to continue employing these DP holders
Factors that can affect LOC application outcome
Though there are no specific qualifying criteria for the applicants, not all LOC applications are approved. Every application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the result is entirely on the discretion of the Ministry of Manpower.
Among the factors that affect the success of the application are the following:
- Applicant’s age, salary, citizenship, qualification, work experience, and skills. For example, if the applicant has a good university degree, rich professional background, specialised skills or high salary, it may significantly enhance his chances of success.
- Applicant’s job profile.
- Availability of local candidates and economic viability of the company in Singapore. If the applicant has a job with a well-known company or has a job in a field where local candidates are not easily available, that increases the chances of a successful outcome.
LOC Documents required
The LOC application should be submitted by the employing company or its appointed corporate service provider through the EP Online portal.
Before submitting the LOC application, employers must get a written consent from the candidate. The document can be in any format as long as it shows the candidate’s agreement to be employed.
For certain professions, it is necessary to submit additional documents when applying for a Letter of Consent. These professions include lawyers, employees in food establishments, regional representatives, and healthcare professionals.
Note that for non-English documents, it is necessary to submit the original document and the English translation. The translation should be performed by a translation service provider.
While renewing the LOC, you should know the following:
- The DP, LTVP or LTVP+ must be valid for at least 3 months before submitting an application for the LOC renewal. In case the DP, LTVP, or LTVP+ expires in less than 3 months, you need to go to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) to renew the pass.
- The LOC must be renewed up to 6 months before the LOC expires.
- In case of the DP holder who is the business owner, in order to be eligible for a renewal of the LOC, he or she should hire at least one Singaporean or Permanent Resident who earns at least the prevailing Local Qualifying Salary and receives CPF contributions for at least 3 months.
If the Letter of Consent is lost, you should report the loss and request for a replacement.
Cancelling a Letter of Consent
Since the DP, LTVP, or LTVP+ and consequently the LOC are tied to the main work pass, both the DP, LTVP, LTVP+ and the LOC are automatically cancelled with the cancellation of the relevant work pass.
The LOC shall be cancelled within 1 week after the LOC holder’s last day of notice. The cancellation should be done by an employer or an appointed Employment Agent (EA) and it has an immediate effect, unless you are submitting an advance request.
Before cancelling, it is necessary to:
- Seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
- Settle all outstanding employment issues.