Employment Pass Application Services
WorkPass Pte Ltd is a registered employment agency and has been approved and licensed by the Ministry of Manpower to handle the Employment Pass Application on your behalf. We can help with the initial stage of making sure that your company passes the business eligibility criteria, through to all required compliance checks, right through to the actual application process itself.
Specialize in employment pass applications, working visa and landing permit processes. Our team is versed in all of the various work passes schemes and alongside that, we have a strong understanding of Singapore’s immigration policies for foreign workers. Handle all the paperwork for your employees so that you can focus on getting your business running smoothly.
How To Apply Employment Pass (EP) In Singapore
Are you planning to employ foreign talent in Singapore for work? If so, then you will need to apply for an Employment Pass (EP). The process of applying for an Employment Pass can be complicated and time-consuming, but it is essential to follow all the necessary steps to ensure that your application is successful.
On this page, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how we assist employers to apply for an Employment Pass in Singapore.
We will also offer some helpful tips and advice on what you can do to increase your chances of success. So, if you are planning to hire foreign talent in Singapore for work, read on to find out everything you need to know about the Employment Pass application process!
|Who is it for||The Employment Pass allows foreign directors, professionals, managers, and executives to work in Singapore|
|Apply EP||WorkPass Pte Ltd – Your Appointed MOM Licensed Employment Agency – EA (EP Online)|
|Duration||Up to 2 years|
|Is it renewal||Yes. Employment Pass is renewable|
|EP eligibility||Candidates need to earn at least $5,000 a month and have the relevant qualifications and work experience.|
|Levy and quota||No. foreign worker levy or quota is required.|
Higher Approval Rate, Faster Processing Time!
Steps To Apply Employment Pass
Steps → Who does this → How long it takes
Submit Employment Pass Application → WorkPass Pte Ltd → Application status outcome: within 10 business days.
Issue Employment Pass → WorkPass Pte Ltd → Immediate processing
Card Registration → Foreigner → Not applicable
Receive Employment Pass Card → Authorised recipients or the foreigner → Receive within 5 working days after fingerprint and photo registration, or document verification
How much is the MOM fee?
- When submitting the EP application: MOM cost: $105 fee for each pass
- When getting the pass issued: MOM cost $225 fee for each pass
- $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (If applicable)
Submitting Employment Pass application
- Authorised WORKPASS to submit employment pass application on your behalf
- Written consent to apply for employment pass from the candidate
- Candidate’s form application
- Applicant passport
- Applicant educational details and verification proof
- Documents and information reviewed and submit online to MOM
From 1 September 2023, post-secondary diploma and above educational qualifications declared to MOM in new EP applications will have to be supported with a verification proof.
- We’ll Monitor and check your application status. It may take longer if additional information is required
- Upon employment pass approval, We will send you the in-principle approval (IPA) letter and the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued.
- Has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
- States whether the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singaporea
Request for issuance of pass
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
The candidate must be in Singapore when WORKPASS carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- We’ll issue the pass upon receiving the required information and documents from you
- Once the employment pass is issued, We will email you the notification letter. The notification letter is valid for 1 month from the date of issue and:
- Allows the candidate to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- We will book an appointment for card registration of fingerprints and photo taking. (if required)
NOTE: If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, we can assist to request to extend the validity of the notification letter.
We required the following information to get the pass issued:
- Passport details
- Singapore contact details
- Current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass ‘sg arrival card’ details
- Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number, FIN or passport number)
We may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate’s in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
NOTE: If you need more time to get the pass issued as your candidates are waiting for their medical results, we can assist to extend their STVP within 1 week before the STVP expires and upload the doctor’s memo stating the medical results collection date.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
Thumbprint and photo taking for Employment Pass card
We’ll make an appointment for the worker to register. (If applicable)
- When: Within 2 week after pass is issued
Place: Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC)
For the appointment, the candidate should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
Employment Pass card delivery
When: Within 5 working days after registration or document verification
MOM will deliver the card to the given address within 5 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.
If the candidate does not need to register, MOM will deliver the card within 5 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
Consider all candidates fairly before you apply for an Employment Pass
- Before applying for an Employment Pass, you must advertise the job on MyCareersFuture and consider all candidates fairly. This is expected of all employers.
- The advertisement must be open for at least 14 consecutive days to allow job seekers to view and apply for the vacancy. This also applies if you repost an advertisement that has closed.
Exemption from the advertising requirement
All employers must practice fair hiring even if their job vacancies can be exempted from advertising.
For practical reasons, you are not required to advertise on MyCareersFuture if any of the following applies:
- Your company has fewer than 10 employees.
- The fixed monthly salary for the vacancy is $20,000 and above. (Note: From 1 September 2023, the salary threshold will be raised to $22,500, which is benchmarked to the top 10% of EP holders)
- The vacancy is short-term, i.e. not more than 1 month.
- The role is to be filled by a local transferee, i.e. an existing employee from your company in Singapore transferring to another related branch, subsidiary or affiliate in Singapore.
Who is eligible
Only eligible candidates will be considered for an Employment Pass. Criteria include a minimum salary of $5,000 and acceptable qualifications.
The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $5,000 (older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.
Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.
Salaries for younger or older candidates
Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $5,000
Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.
The revised qualifying salary will apply to:
- New applications from 1 September 2022
- Renewals from 1 September 2023
All Sector (except financial services)
- $5,000 (increases progressively with age, up to $10,500 for candidate in mid-40s)
- $5,500 (increases progressively with age, up to $11,500 for candidate in mid-40s)
Self-Assessment Tool (SAT)
WorkPass Pte Ltd assesses candidates’ eligibility with the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to get an indication of whether a candidate meets the Employment Pass requirements.
Foreign professionals who meet the eligibility requirements and have a work offer in Singapore.
The validity period of the pass is as follows:
- Candidates who are applying for the first time: up to two years
- Renewals are possible for up to three years.
Levy or quota is not required for employment pass holder
Are employers required to buy medical insurance for Employment Pass holders?
- Providing medical insurance is not a requirement for employing Employment Pass (EP) holders. Most EP holders may already have their own medical insurance, or may want to choose their own coverage.
- For EP holders who do not have existing medical insurance, employers can choose to provide insurance coverage as part of their employment contract, or encourage their EP holders to get their own medical insurance.
- The medical insurance requirement applies only to Work Permit and S Pass holders. This is in line with employers’ existing responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of their migrant workers, including the provision of medical treatment.
Documents (e.g. candidate’s educational certificates and passport page showing personal particulars).
Documents required when submitting an Employment Pass application:
Personal particulars page of candidate’s passport.
- If the candidate’s name on the passport is different from their other documents, you must include either of the following:
- Explanation letter and supporting documents, e.g. deed poll, An affidavit
- Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.
- Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate.