Singapore Work Permit Cancellation Services
Work Permit Cancellation, You must cancel if your worker no longer works for you or when the Work Permit expires.
|When to cancel the Work Permit|
Depending on which comes first, you must cancel the Work Permit:
|Who can cancel||WorkPass Pte Ltd – Your Appointed MOM Licensed Employment Agency|
|How long it takes||Within 1 working days|
|When levy stops||1 day before cancellation|
Note: If your worker has left Singapore and will not return to work for you, you must cancel the Work Permit within 1 week from the departure date.
You need to:
- Give reasonable notice of the worker’s repatriation.
- Seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
- Settle all outstanding employment issues that your worker may raise, including salary payment.
- Ensure your worker has a valid passport.
- Buy an air ticket and pay for any connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in your worker’s home country/region nearest to their hometown:
- You must pay for the air ticket and it must include check-in luggage.
- The departure date must be within 2 weeks from the cancellation.
You and your worker should also discuss and agree on the following in writing before buying an air ticket:
- Transit arrangement, such as connecting flights and layover hours
- Allowance needed to sustain the worker during the transit