Singapore Work Permit Renewal Services
Renew work permit online 6 to 8 weeks before it expires. Before Work Permit Renewal, you also need to complete certain steps, such as checking your quota and extending the worker’s security bond and medical insurance.
- You must buy a Primary Care Plan (PCP) for CMP workers or those staying in dormitories either:
- After receiving the Work Permit renewal notice.
- Within 30 days after the Work Permit is renewed.
- From 1 February 2022, workers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for a Work Permit renewal.
- For workers who are currently on Stay-Home Notice or Home Recovery Programme and cannot do their medical examinations, you can request for time to get the Work Permit renewed. You can also submit this request if your workers are waiting for a new passport.
- For workers who are unable to return to Singapore to have their Work Permits renewed, please cancel the Work Permits and re-apply for them when the COVID-19 situation has stabilised.
Foreign workers work pass renewal from Malaysian, People’s Republic Of China ‘PRC’, China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Philippine, Taiwan, South Korea, Bangladesh & India workers in Singapore.
Renew Work Permit - FAQ
Six to eight weeks before the permit expires.
If your worker plans to travel overseas just before the Work Permit expiry date, you should renew the Work Permit before he leaves Singapore.
WP Online service:
- View the list of workers eligible for renewal.
- Print a copy of the renewal letter if you didn’t receive it.
MOM costs $35 per work permit renewal.
The result is immediate.
If you renew your Work Permit late, you will still be subject to the levy after it expires. If applicable, levy penalties or an overstaying fine may also be imposed.
If you are unable to renew your Work Permit on time, you may request an extension.
For work permit renewal, you will need the following documents and information:
1) Scanned copy of the personal particulars page of the worker’s passport (including pages that have amendments)
- Check that the worker’s passport has enough validity to cover the intended period of employment. To get a 2-year Work Permit, the passport needs to be valid for at least 25 months.
2) Security bond (for non-Malaysian workers)
- Get a new security bond and complete the Security Bond Form.
- The bank or insurance company must send us the new security bond details before you renew the permit.
- The effective date of the security bond can be post-dated up to 1 day after the expiry date of the existing Work Permit.
3) Medical insurance
- Extend your worker’s existing medical insurance or get a new policy.
- You can buy the medical insurance from the same bank or insurance company where you buy the security bond.
4) Work Permit renewal notice and application form
- Print this form in WP Online.
Details for card delivery (only if the notification letter states that the worker will be getting a new card)
You will need:
- An address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- The names, NRIC, FIN or passport numbers, mobile numbers and email addresses of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card.
We renew the Work Permit online.
To renew work permit:
- Register the worker’s residential address and mobile number using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) – at least an hour before renewing the pass online.
- Submit the application via WP Online and upload the required documents. You may be asked to upload more or fewer documents during online renewal depending on what we have entered.
Work permits are typically valid for two years. It may, however, be shorter depending on:
- The worker’s passport has expired. If it expires in less than two years, it will be valid until one month before the expiry date.
- The security bond’s validity. If the duration is less than 26 months, it is extended until two months before the security bond expires.
- The validity of the prior approval (if applicable).
- The maximum period of employment for your employees (refer to the Work Permit requirements for your sector).
Before renewing the Work Permit, you should renew your worker’s passport and security bond to get the full 2-year duration. Passport renewal requirements may be imposed by embassies.
Print and check the notification letter to see:
|IF NOTIFICATION LETTER STATES||THE EXISTING CARD|
|Getting a new card.||Must be returned according to instructions given in the notification letter.|
|Continue using the existing card.|
Must be kept by the worker.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
- Should be given to the worker. It allows the worker to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
If you need to return the old card, you or your employment agency can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:
Check if MOM have received the card.
Tell MOM why you are unable to return the card.