Dependant Pass Application Services

WorkPass Pte Ltd is a registered employment agency and has been approved and licensed by the Ministry of Manpower to handle the Dependant Pass Application on your behalf. We can help with the initial stage, eligibility criteria, and all required compliance checks, right through to the actual application process itself.

The Dependant’s Pass is a relocation visa issued to selected family members of Employment Pass, S Pass holders, EntrePass holders or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders. The pass holder can live and work in Singapore without the need to apply for an entry visa when the main holder is active in Singapore.

Dependant Pass Application

Enquire Best Rate!
  • Inclusive of MOM cost
  • Pre-application information and advising on Singapore Dependant Pass
  • Filing of Dependant Pass application
  • Tracking application status while under processing
  • Liaising with Direct MOM officer in charge, if required
  • Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
  • Arranging for issuance pass upon in-principle approval (IPA)
  • Filing of appeal in case of rejection

How To Apply Dependant Pass (DP) In Singapore

If you are planning to move to Singapore with your family, you will need to apply for a dependant’s pass (DP) for your spouse and children. A dependant’s pass allows your family members to live and work in Singapore.

The process of applying for a dependant’s pass can be a long and complicated one. There are many different documents and information that you will need to submit, and the application must be submitted online to MOM for approval.

You can, however, make the process easier by using our services that specializes in dependant pass application services. We can help you with the entire process, from start to finish. Read on to learn more about how we can assist you with dependant pass application services in Singapore!

Who is it forLegally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Apply DPWorkPass Pte Ltd – Your Appointed MOM Licensed Employment Agency – EA
DurationUp to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass
Is it renewalYes.
Work in SingaporeYes. Eligible Dependent Pass holders may be able to work here if they find job
Levy and quotaNo. foreign worker levy or quota is not required.

Higher Approval Rate, Faster Processing Time!


Steps To Apply Dependant Pass

Steps → Who does this → How long it takes

Submit Dependant Pass Application  WorkPass Pte Ltd  Application status outcome: Within 3 weeks for most cases.

Issue Dependant Pass  WorkPass Pte Ltd  Immediate processing

Card Registration  Foreigner Not applicable

Receive Dependant Pass Card  Authorised recipients or the foreigner  Receive within 5 working days after fingerprint and photo registration, or document verification

How much is the MOM fee?

  • When submitting the DP application: MOM cost: $105 fee for each pass
  • When getting the pass issued: MOM cost $225 fee for each pass
  • $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (If applicable)


  • You can submit the application along with the main pass holder’s work pass application or at a later date. Submit a separate application for each family member.
  • If the foreigner is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the Dependant’s Pass is issued, MOM won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
  • You should only bring in the foreigner when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.
  • For babies born in Singapore, the parent will get a Special Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). This pass is valid for 6 weeks, during which you can apply for a Dependant’s Pass.

Submit Application

Submitting Dependant Pass application

  1. Authorised WORKPASS to submit dependant pass application on your behalf
  2. Candidate’s DP application form
  3. Applicant passport
  4. Applicant documents
  5. Documents and information reviewed and submit online to MOM
  • We’ll monitor and check your application status. It may take longer if additional information is required
  • Upon dependant pass approval, We will send you the in-principle approval (IPA) letter and the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate.
  • After you receive the IPA, you have the following period of time to bring the foreigner to Singapore and get the pass issued: Dependant of EP holder 6 month: Dependant of S Pass holder 2 months

The IPA:

  • Has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.

Issue Pass

Request for issuance of pass

When: Employment Pass (EP) holders, within 6 months of in-principle approval (IPA). S Pass holders, within 2 months of IPA.

The candidates must be in Singapore when WORKPASS carry out these steps to get the pass issued:

  1. We’ll issue the pass upon receiving the required information and documents from you
  2. Once the dependant pass is issued, We will email you the notification letter. The notification letter is valid for 1 month from the date of issue and:
  • Allows the foreigner to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the dependant pass card.
  • We will book an appointment for card registration of fingerprints and photo taking. (if required)

NOTE: If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, we can assist to request to extend the validity of the notification letter.

Documents Required

We will need the following information to get the pass issued:

  • Foreigner’s passport details
  • Foreigner’s Singapore contact details
  • Foreigner’s current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
  • Foreigner’s Singapore residential address
  • Singapore residential or office address to receive the foreigner’s card
  • Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number/FIN/passport number)

We may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:

  • Foreigner’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
  • Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
  • Completed declaration form (attached to the foreigner’s IPA letter)

NOTE: If you need more time to get the pass issued as the foreigners are waiting for their medical results, we can assist to extend their STVP within 1 week before the STVP expires and upload the doctor’s memo stating the medical results collection date.

Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.

Card Registration

Thumbprint and photo taking for Dependant’s Pass card

We’ll make an appointment for the candidates to register. (If applicable)

Dependants of Employment Pass holders:

  • Place: Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC)
  • When: Within 2 week after pass is issued

Dependants of S Pass holders:

  • Place: MOM Services Centre – Hall C
  • When: Within 1 week after pass is issued

For the appointment, the candidate should bring:

  • Original passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter

Receiving Card

Dependant Pass card delivery 

When: Within 5 working days after registration or document verification

MOM will deliver the card to the given address within 5 working days after the candidate registers and gets the documents verified.

If the candidate does not need to register, MOM will deliver the card within 5 working days after checking the documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.

If card delivery fails

After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the relevant services centre which they visited for the card registration.

The foreigner or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for card collection:

  • Candidate’s original passport
  • Notification letter

If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the employer
  • NRIC or passport for verification


Documents required such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Dependant’s Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass (DP):

  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.

You may need to submit additional documents depending on the family member you are applying for:

Spouse (legally married)

  • Copy of the marriage certificate.

Unmarried children under 21 years

  1. Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent’s names.
  2. Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for foreign-born children who meet these conditions:
  • Aged 12 years old and below.
  • Applying for a new DP – this includes those whose DPs have expired or been cancelled for more than 30 days.

Existing DP, LTVP and Student’s Pass holders do not need this document.

Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years

  1. Copy of the adoption order or other relevant documents.
  2. Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for foreign-born children who meet these conditions:
  • Aged 12 years old and below.
  • Applying for a new DP – this includes those whose DPs have expired or been cancelled for more than 30 days.

Existing DP, LTVP and Student’s Pass holders do not need this document.

MOM may ask for other documents when they review your application.

For non-English documents, you must upload the original document together with an English translation as 1 file. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet all these requirements:

  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
  • Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000. This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).

You can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Legally married spouse.
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.

If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they may qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.

Note: Family members of Employment Pass holders who chose to apply as an overseas ICT under WTO GATS or an applicable FTA are not eligible for Dependant’s Passes or Long Term Visit Passes, except where they are specifically covered by an applicable FTA and meet the prevailing criteria for consideration