Dependant Pass Application
Per Application Inclusive Of MOM Cost
Our Services Include:
- Pre-application information and advising on Singapore Work Permit
- Filing of (Dependant Pass Application)
- Tracking Dependant’s Pass application status while under processing
- Liaising with direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Arranging for issuance of Dependant’s Pass upon in-principle approval (IPA)
- Filing of appeal in case of rejection of Work Permit application
- Filing of appeal in case of rejection of Dependant’s Pass application
The Dependant’s Pass allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore. Find out which family members are eligible and how to apply for the pass.
Overview and key facts about the Dependant Pass for spouses and children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
|Who it is for||Legally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.|
|Who can apply||An employer or appointed employment agent must apply on behalf of the candidate.|
|What is the duration||Up to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass.|
|Is it renewable||Yes.|
|Work in Singapore||Yes. Eligible Dependant’s Pass holders may be able to work here if they find jobs.|
|Foreign worker levy or quota||No foreign worker levy or quota required.|
Apply Dependant’s Pass
You can apply for a Dependant Pass for family members of your eligible Employment Pass or S Pass employees.
Employers are urged to defer bringing foreigners into Singapore during this period until further notice.
Approvals for any new applications will be limited. You may continue to apply passes for foreigners who are already in Singapore.
Who can apply
- Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs
When you submit the application:
- MOM Cost $105 for each pass
When you get the pass issued:
- MOM Cost $225 for each pass
- MOM Cost $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)
How long it takes
- Dependants of EP and S Pass holders: within 3 weeks for most cases.
- Dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship), PEP or EntrePass holders: within 8 weeks for most cases.
These are the steps for applying:
|Step||Who does this||Result|
|Submit an application|
Employer or EA
|In-principle approval letter or rejection letter|
|Get the pass issued||Employer or EA||Notification letter|
|Register fingerprints and photo (if required)||The foreigner||Acknowledgement of card delivery|
|Receive the card||Authorised recipients or the foreigner||Dependant’s Pass card|
- You can submit the application along with the main pass holder’s work pass application or at a later date. Submit a separate application for each family member.
- If the foreigner is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the Dependant’s Pass is issued, we won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
- You should only bring in the foreigner when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.
- For babies born in Singapore, the parent will get a Special Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). This pass is valid for 6 weeks, during which you can apply for a Dependant’s Pass.
Dependant’s Pass Application Procedure
Eligibility for Dependant’s Pass
Eligibility for Dependant's Pass
Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant's Pass.
You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:
- Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
- Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000. This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.
- Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
You can get a pass for the following family members:
- Legally married spouse.
- Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.
If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they may qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.
Note: Family members of Employment Pass holders who chose to apply as an overseas ICT under WTO GATS or an applicable FTA are not eligible for Dependant’s Passes or Long Term Visit Passes, except where they are specifically covered by an applicable FTA and meet the prevailing criteria for consideration.
Working in Singapore
If you are holding an LTVP/LTVP+ issued by ICA or a Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC), this does not affect you.
Dependants of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes.
- Dependant’s Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.
- For S Pass dependants who get a Work Permit, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.
Documents required for Dependant's Pass
You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Dependant's Pass application.
You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass (DP):
- Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
- For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.
You may need to submit additional documents depending on the family member you are applying for:
|Family member||Additional documents|
|Spouse (legally married)||Copy of the marriage certificate.|
|Unmarried children under 21 years|
|Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years|
We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
Submit an Dependant’s Pass application
Dependants of Employment Pass and S Pass holders
Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- We submit application via EP online and upload the required documents.
- MOM cost $105 fee for each application.
- Monitor your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send you the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the foreigner. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the foreigner to enter Singapore.
|For||Who to submit application|
|Dependants of EP (Sponsorship)||Your local sponsor|
|Dependants of PEP or EntrePass||Main pass holder|
Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit :
- Download the Dependant’s Pass application form (for online submission).
- Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
- Print the application form and get it signed.
- Pay MOM $105 fee for each application
- Submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form
- Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
- Supporting documents listed in the application form
For Use Dependants of EP (Sponsorship) applicants or holders Log in with Corppass Dependants of PEP or EntrePass applicants or holders
It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required. You can check the application status online.
If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the email indicated in the application.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the foreigner. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the foreigner to enter Singapore.
After you receive the IPA, you have the following period of time to bring the foreigner to Singapore and get the pass issued:
|If the foreigner is a||It is valid for|
|Dependant of EP holder||6 months|
|Dependant of S Pass holder||2 months|
Bring the foreigner into Singapore
Find out how to bring the foreigner into Singapore, and carry out these steps:
- Get approval for the foreigner to enter Singapore.
- Ensure that the foreigner complies with the entry approval requirements listed in the entry approval letter.
Get the pass issued
Register fingerprints and photo (if required)
When: For EP dependants, within 2 weeks; for S Pass dependants, within 1 week
Check the notification letter for whether the foreigner needs to register fingerprints and photo.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the foreigner to visit the relevant MOM centre:
They need to bring these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
Receive the card
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the foreigner registers and gets documents verified.
If the foreigner does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the relevant services centre:
The foreigner or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport
- Notification letter
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the employer
- NRIC or passport for verification