S Pass Application Fee
Per Application Inclusive Of MOM Cost
Our Services Include:
- Pre-Application information and advising on Singapore S Pass
- EP Online filing of (S Pass Application)
- Tracking S Pass application status while under processing
- Liaising with direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Arranging for issuance of the S Pass upon in-principle approval (IPA)
- Filing of appeal in case of rejection of S Pass application
S Pass Application
(Apply S Pass) for hiring technical staff to work in Singapore.
Singapore S Pass application services to render further assistance to employers intending to apply an S Pass for your foreign staff, especially companies that are newly registered in Singapore.
The S Pass is a Singapore work visa type designed for mid-level skilled foreign workers employed by companies operating in Singapore. The application is assessed based on a point system with consideration for each of the following factors: salary, education qualifications, skills, job type, and work experience.
Services include reviewing your candidacy, acting as a liaison with MOM, applying for S pass, processing renewals, appealing, and tracking your application.
Apply S Pass
The S Pass allows for the employment of mid-level skilled employee in Singapore. Candidates must have a monthly salary of at least $2,500 and the relevant qualifications and work experience.
- If this is the first time you are applying for an S Pass, you first need to declare your business activity.
- Your company must have an account with the Central Provident Fund Board for calculating your S Pass quota.
- The candidate’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months. The S Pass duration granted will only be up to 1 month before the expiry date of the passport.
- If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the S Pass is issued, we won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
- You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.
S Pass Application Process Singapore
- Consider all candidates fairly
- Know the eligibility and requirements
- Know your quota and levy
- (First-time employers) Declare business activity
- Check the documents required for applying
Before candidate arrives in Singapore
- Apply for spass
After candidate arrives in Singapore
- Buy medical insurance and submit details
- Get the S pass issued
- Register fingerprints and photo
- Receive the pass card
Applying S Pass Procedure
Eligibility for S Pass
The S Pass is for mid-skilled foreign employees (e.g. technicians) who meet these criteria:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,500. The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
- Have a degree or diploma. MOM may consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. The certification should require at least 1 year of full-time study.
- Have relevant work experience.
Application for an S Pass is open to all nationalities.
Note: You cannot employ foreign workers to work at a food stall in a hawker centre, coffee shop or food court. Such operations are small scale and should be manned by owners or family members.
You need to upload documents (e.g. candidate’s educational certificates and passport page showing personal particulars).
You need to upload these documents when submitting an S Pass application:
- Personal particulars page of candidate’s passport.
If the candidate’s name on the passport is different from their other documents, you must include either of the following:
- Explanation letter and supporting documents, e.g. deed poll
- An affidavit
- Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.
- Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate. You need to upload additional documents for:
Acceptable qualifications for S Pass
MOM do not accept qualifications from unaccredited institutions.
To check if an institution is accredited, you can use:
- Global verification agencies such as Dataflow or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)
- International accreditation bodies
- Awarding country’s educational authorities
MOM don’t have a list of approved institutions. Instead, they evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of factors such as the candidate’s salary, track records, work experience, skill sets and global and countries’ rankings of institutions.
Diploma and above qualifications from and additional documents required
- Transcripts or marksheets for all semesters stating the college attende
Verification proof from one of these sources:
- Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate from China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHSI)
- Diploma and above: Global verification agencies, e.g. Avvanz, Dataflow, eeCheck or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)
- Degree and above: China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)
Institutions not found in the application form’s drop-down list
MOM may ask for other documents when we review the application.
Requirements for verification proof
Employers are responsible for ensuring that their candidates’ qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
If you’re asked for a verification proof, it must meet these requirements:
- Must confirm that the qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
- Must be from a global verification agency, e.g. Avvanz, Dataflow, eeCheck or RMI.
Who can apply S Pass
Employer or Appointed licensed employment agent (EA) must apply on the applicant's behalf. If the pass holder's employer changes, the new employer must apply for a new pass.
Note: You are required to advertise your job opening on MyCareersFuture to consider all applicants fairly, before you can apply for an S Pass. When you apply for the pass, select the option to be considered for both the EP and the S Pass
How long does it take
Within three weeks for most cases.
Salary that qualifies for S Pass
A monthly salary of at least $2,500 is required.
What is the validity period
Up to two years.
Can S Pass be renewed
Yes. Find out how to renew S Pass
Any passes for family
Yes, Available for eligible pass holders.
S Pass quota and levy
Yes. Employers are subject to a quota and levy for S Pass employees.
Employers are required to provide medical insurance to S Pass holders.
To submit S Pass application
- Get a written consent to apply for S Pass from the candidate.
- We will submit application via EP online and upload the required documents.
- MOM Cost $105 fee for each application
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, Print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 60 days to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states if the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.
Prepare for candidates arrival
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your candidates’ arrival in Singapore.
Before your candidates arrive
- Submit an entry application to bring them into Singapore.
- Buy medical insuranceand work injury compensation insurance(if applicable) for them.
When your candidates arrive
- Ensure they comply with the relevant entry approval and Stay-Home Notice (SHN) requirements.
- After completing SHN, send them for medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor, if applicable.
Buy medical insurance and submit details
S Pass medical insurance requirements
After candidate arrives in Singapore
Before we can issue or renew an S Pass, you must buy medical insurance for the pass holder and submit the details online.
What it should cover
As part of an employer’s S Pass medical obligations, you must buy and maintain medical insurance for your S Pass holders as long they are under your employment.
The insurance coverage must be at least $15,000 per year and cover inpatient care and day surgery.
We also need to submit the insurance details online before we can issue or renew a pass, and when the insurance details change.
You can have a co-pay arrangement with the S Pass holder only if all of the following are met:
- The co-pay amount is reasonable and does not exceed 10% of the worker’s monthly salary.
- The duration co-payment does not exceed 6 months.
- The co-payment option is explicitly in the employment contract or collective agreement and has the worker’s full consent.
You must not pass on the cost of buying medical insurance to your S Pass holders.
Submit insurance details
We need to submit medical insurance details online before we request to issue or renew an S Pass, and when the details change.
Submit the medical insurance details through:
- WP Online
- EP Online – we can submit the details when we issue the S Pass.
Need to keep the following information up to date:
- Name of insurer
- Insurance policy number
- Insurance policy commencement date
- Insurance policy expiry date
Get S Pass issued
When: Within 60 days of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when we carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- Submit EP online with the required information and documents.
- Pay MOM $100 fee for each pass issued
- Once the Spass is issued, the candidate and you will both receive the notification letter by email.
The notification letter:
- Allows the candidate to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to have their fingerprints and photo taken for the card registration.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, you can request to extend the validity of the notification letter.
What we need
We will need the following information to get the pass issued:
- Candidate's passport details
- Candidate’s Singapore contact details
- Candidate’s medical insurance details
- Candidate’s work injury compensation insurance details
- Candidate's current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
- Candidate's Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements for you to get the pass issued.
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number / FIN / passport number)
We may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Candidate’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate's in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
Register fingerprints and photo taking
When: Within 1 week after the pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
For registration, make an appointment for the candidate to visit MOM Services Centre – Hall C. They need to register within 1 week after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- The documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter
Workers who have completed biometric work pass registration at Punggol MWOC will not need to visit MOM Services Centre Hall C for registration.
Receive the S Pass card
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
MOM will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.
If the candidate does not need to register, MOM will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After 2 unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
Candidate’s original passport
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
An authorisation letter from the employer
NRIC or passport for verification