Singapore Personalised Employment Pass Application Services Include:
- Liaise with Direct MOM officer in charge when necessary
- Filing of (Personalised Employment Pass Application)
- Pre-application information and advice on Employment Pass
- Assistance in completing the self-assessment tools with MOM
- Tracking Employment Pass application status while under processing
- Arranging for issuance of Employment Pass upon in-principle approval
- Responding to MOM’s request for additional information as necessary
Filing of a maximum of 2 appeals within 3 months from the date of rejection as per MOM’s guideline in case of rejection of Employment Pass application
Apply Personalised Employment Pass
High-earning Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals who meet the eligibility criteria
Candidate can apply directly
Current EP holders: at least $12,000 a month
Overseas foreign professionals: at least $18,000 a month
Up to 3 years
No. The PEP is issued only once
Available for certain family members of pass holders
No foreign worker levy or quota required
Personalised Employment Pass
Get a quick overview of the (Apply for Personalised Employment Pass) to decide if it is the right pass for you.
The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) visa was introduced to provide job flexibility for middle and senior foreign executives working in Singapore. Holders of this Personalised Employment Pass are entitled to stay in Singapore for up to 6 months in between jobs while seeking new employment opportunities. In addition, foreign executives with years of working experience are entitled to apply for this visa without first securing a job in Singapore.
This Personalised Employment Pass visa is awarded based on the individual applicant’s merits. The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) visa is equivalent to a P1 Employment Pass category but with the following benefits:
- The Personalised Employment Pass is valid for up to 3 years where the holders of this pass are not tied to any single one employer
- The Personalised Employment Pass holder does not have to cancel and re-apply for a new visa each time he/she changes a new job
- The Personalised Employment Pass holder can take on employment in any sector or industry
- Holders of this Personalised Employment Pass are permitted to stay in Singapore for a period of six months even without a job so as to allow them to evaluate employment or work opportunities.
The Personalised Employment Pass is also considered a self-sponsored work visa as one does not require a Singapore company sponsor to apply for this visa. Therefore, this Personalised Employment Pass serves as an ideal work visa for those who have not obtained a job offer in Singapore and are willing to find suitable employment in Singapore.
Eligibility and requirements for Personalised Employment Pass
Eligible high-earning foreign professionals can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass. Pass holders have greater job flexibility than with other work passes. However, they need to meet certain requirements to hold the pass.
You can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you are:
- An overseas foreign professional and your last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
- An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.
You are not eligible for the PEP if you are:
- An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
- A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
- A sole proprietor, partner or where a director is also a shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
- A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.
Note: You are not allowed to start a business or conduct any form of entrepreneurial activity while on a PEP. If you intend to do so, you should apply for an EntrePass.
To keep holding a PEP, you must:
- Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
- Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.
- Notify us of the following:
- When you start or leave a job.
- If you change your contact details, such as local contact person or address.
- Your annual fixed salary. You need to declare it to us by 31 January of every year.
The PEP gives you greater job flexibility than other work passes:
- You can generally hold a job in any sector. However, the PEP does not exempt you from complying with registration requirements to practise in Singapore for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc.
- You do not need to re-apply for a new pass if you change jobs; you only need to notify us.
- You can stay in Singapore for a continuous period of up to 6 months without a job to search for new employment.
Dependant’s Pass for your:
- spouse (legally married).
- children under 21 years of age.
Long Term Visit Pass for your:
- common-law spouse.
- unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old.
- unmarried stepchildren under 21 years old.
Apply for a Personalised Employment Pass
You can submit a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) application online. The application takes around 8 weeks to process.
Foreigners who are overseas are urged to defer applying for new passes during this period until further notice.
Approvals for any new applications will be limited. Foreigners who are already in Singapore may continue to apply for passes.
Who can apply
How much it costs
When you submit the application:
When you get the pass issued:
How long it takes
|Within 8 weeks for most cases.|
These are the steps for applying:
|Step||Who does this||Result|
|Submit an application||Candidate||In-principle approval letter or rejection letter|
|Get the pass issued||Candidate or EA||Notification letter|
|Register fingerprints and photo (if required)||Candidate||Acknowledgment of card delivery|
|Receive the card||Authorised recipients or candidate||PEP card|
Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
- Download the Personalised Employment Pass application form (for online submission).
- Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
- Print out the application form and get it signed.
- Pay MOM Cost $105 fee for each application by PayNow. You can use Telegraphic Transfer only if you can’t use PayNow. MOM will only process your application after we have received your payment.
|If you use||You must|
Note: Depending on your bank, it may take up to 1 month for us to receive your payment.
- Submit your application online with SingPass and include the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
- Supporting documents listed in the application form
- For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
- We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. You can check the application status online.
If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the email indicated in the application. The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.