Employment Pass Cancellation Fee
Our Services Include:
- EP Online filing of (Employment Pass Cancellation)
Singapore Employment Pass Cancellation
If the pass holder no longer works for you, you must (cancel Employment Pass) (EP). To avoid misuse, please cut the pass card in half and discard it once it has been cancelled.
- Follow these steps to send pass holders home.
- If you need more time to send pass holders home (e.g. waiting for an embassy-facilitated flight), you can request to extend their stay in Singapore.
Please submit this request within 1 week before their Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) expires. E.g. If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
Cancel Employment Pass Procedure
Within One week after the last day of notice.
- You can submit a EP cancellation request up to 14 days in advance. (E.g. If you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.)
- If the pass holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident, you don’t need to cancel the pass. It will be cancelled automatically
Employer or Appointed licensed employment agent (EA) can cancel Employment Pass
Unless you submit an advance cancellation request, cancellation is immediate.
You need to:
- Give reasonable notice of the pass holder’s repatriation.
- Seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
- Settle all outstanding employment issues that the pass holder may raise, including salary payment.
- Buy an air ticket to the pass holder’s home country and pay for the transport to their hometown, unless the pass holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
- For an overview of scheduled flights, you can visit Changi Airport’s website or use the iChangi mobile app. Please check with the airlines directly to confirm if the flights are still operating.
- Before booking the flight, please check whether the airline has any requirements for boarding (e.g. pre-departure COVID-19 test) and ensure the pass holders comply with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
Up to 14 days in advance, you can submit a cancelation request. (For example, if you want to cancel the pass on February 15, you can do so beginning on February 1.)
The pass must be cancelled no later than one week after the pass holder’s last day of notice.
You do not need to cancel the pass if it has expired. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, you can simply request a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to provide them with a valid stay in the meantime.
- We will cancel the Employment Pass via EP Online
- For pass holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for a 30-day STVP to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
- The pass holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The pass holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the pass is cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.
Return The Employment Pass Card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week from the cancellation by posting it to
Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell MOM why you are unable to return the card.