Singapore Employment Pass Cancellation Agency
You must (Cancel Employment Pass) if the pass holder no longer works for you or when the pass expires. You must also return the cancelled pass card.
When to cancel
Depending on which comes first, you must cancel the Employment Pass (EP):
Note: You don’t need to cancel the EP if the pass holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident. We will cancel it automatically.
Who can cancel
|Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).|
How long it takes
|Cancellation is immediate.|
Before Employment Pass Cancellation
You need to:
- Seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS).
- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of salary.
- Buy an air ticket to send the pass holder to the international airport in the home country, nearest to the hometown, unless the pass holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
When To Cancel Employment Pass “EP”
Depending on which comes first, you must cancel the EP:
- Within 1 week after the last day of notice.
- 1 day after the EP expires.
- Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a 30-day Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) will be generated if the pass holder is still in Singapore.
- Give the STVP to the pass holder. They need to show the STVP and valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Pass holder has left Singapore
To cancel the pass, log in to EP Online and cancel it.
Return The Employment Pass Card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week from the cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell us why you are unable to return the card.