Singapore Employment Pass Application Services Include:

  1. Assistance in completing the self-assessment tools with MOM
  2. EP Online filing of (Employment Pass Application)
  3. Pre-application advising on Singapore Employment Pass (EP) and gathering of the necessary information
  4. Tracking EP application status while under processing
  5. Liaise with Direct MOM officer in charge when necessary
  6. Responding to MOM’s request for additional information as necessary
  7. Arranging for issuance of Employment Pass upon in-principle approval
  8. Filing of unlimited appeal in case of rejection of EP application

Apply Employment Pass

Foreign professionals with a job offer in Singapore who meet the eligibility criteria

An employer or appointed employment agent needs to apply on behalf of the candidate

Fixed monthly salary of at least $4500-General wef 1st Sept 2020, $5000-Financial services wef 1st Dec 2020 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries)

The duration of the pass is as follows:

  • First-time candidates: up to 2 years
  • Renewals: up to 3 years

Available for eligible pass holders

No foreign worker levy or quota required

Employers can choose whether to provide medical insurance for EP holders

Employment Pass Application Process Singapore

before, during, and after you apply for an Employment Pass.

Before applying

  • Consider all candidates fairly
  • Know the eligibility and requirements
  • Check the documents required for applying

Before the candidate arrives in Singapore

  • Apply for an Employment pass

After the candidate arrives in Singapore

  • Get the EP pass issued
  • Register fingerprints and photo
  • Receive the pass card

As and when required

Only eligible candidates will be considered for an Employment Pass. Criteria include a minimum salary of $4,500 and acceptable qualifications. Use the Self-Assessment Tool to check a candidate’s eligibility before you apply.

Who is eligible

The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:

  • Have a job offer in Singapore.
  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
  • Earn a Fixed monthly salary of at least $4500-General wef 1st Sept 2020, $5000-Financial services wef 1st Dec 2020
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.

Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.

Use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to check if the candidate qualifies for the pass.

Salaries for younger or older candidates

Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $4500.

Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.

From 1 Sept 2020, the minimum qualifying salary was raised from Fixed monthly salary of at least $4500-General, $5000-Financial services wef 1st Dec 2020. for new applications. The salary criteria for older and more experienced candidates was also raised in tandem. The new salary criteria will apply to renewal applications from 1 Sept 2021.

Acceptable qualifications for Employment Pass

We do not accept qualifications from unaccredited institutions.

To check if an institution is accredited, you can use:

  • Global verification agencies such as Dataflow or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI)
  • International accreditation bodies
  • Awarding country’s educational authorities

MOM don’t have a list of approved institutions. Instead, we evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of factors such as the candidate’s salary, track records, work experience, skill sets and global and countries’ rankings of institutions.

Self­-Assessment Tool (SAT)

We encourage you to use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to get an indication of whether a candidate meets the Employment Pass requirements. Candidates can also use the tool to assess their eligibility.

If the SAT shows that the candidate is not eligible, you shouldn’t apply for the Employment Pass because it will be rejected.

If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.

Who can apply Employment Pass

To promote fair employment practices and improve labour market transparency, employers making Employment Pass applications must first advertise on MyCareersFuture and fairly consider all candidates. Find out more about the advertising requirements.

An employer or authorised third party has to apply for a candidate’s Employment Pass.

If you are an overseas employer that does not have a registered office in Singapore:

  • You need to get a Singapore-registered company to act as a local sponsor and apply on your behalf.
  • The local sponsor must submit the application.

The candidate will still need to meet the Employment Pass criteria.

As an Employment Pass holder, you can get certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements.

Who is eligible

To be eligible, you need to:

  • Earn at least $6,000 a month.
  • Hold an Employment Pass.

These are the family members you can bring in and the type of pass they need:

Family memberPass type
Legally married spouseDependant’s Pass
Unmarried children under 21, including those legally adoptedDependant’s Pass
Common-law spouseLong Term Visit Pass
Unmarried handicapped children above 21Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried step-children under 21Long Term Visit Pass
(Only for EP holders earning at least $12,000)
Long Term Visit Pass

How to apply

To apply, your employer will need to submit a separate application for each family member. The application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately.

Find out more about the requirements and application process for Dependant’s Pass and Long Term Visit Pass.

You need to upload documents, e.g. educational certificates and passport page showing personal particulars, when submitting the EP application.

You need to upload these documents to apply for an Employment Pass:

  • Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
    If the candidate’s name on the passport is different from the other documents, you need to include one of the following:
    • Explanation letter and supporting documents, e.g. deed poll. OR
    • An affidavit.
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.
  • Candidate’s educational certificates, e.g. degree certificate. You need additional documents for:

Qualifications And Additional documents needed


  • Transcripts or mark sheets for all semesters, indicating the college attended.


Verification proof for diploma and above qualifications from one of these sources. For:

  • Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate from China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHSI)
  • Degree and above: China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Information (CDGDC)
  • Diploma and above: Global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI).

Institutions not listed in the application form:

  • Verification proof for diploma and above qualifications from a global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow or RMI.

MOM may ask for other documents when we review the application.

Requirements for verification proof

Employers are responsible for ensuring that their candidates’ qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.

If you’re asked for verification proof, please note the following:

  • You can get the verification proof from a global verification agency, e.g. Dataflow or RMI.
  • The verification proof must confirm that the qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
  • Educational certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof.
For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

You need to submit additional documents for the following:

A copy of the food shop licence issued by the Singapore Food Agency (SFA).

If you have a new establishment and don’t have the licence yet, you can submit a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by SFA.

You can apply Employment Pass using EP Online service.

Employers are urged to defer bringing foreigners into Singapore during this period until further notice.

Approvals for any new applications will be limited. You may continue to apply for passes for foreigners who are already in Singapore.

Who can apply

  • Employer or appointed employment agency (EA)

Note: You may be required to advertise your job opening on MyCareersFuture to consider all applicants fairly before you can apply for an Employment Pass.

How much it costs:

When you submit the application:

  • MOM Cost $105 for each pass

When you get the pass issued:

  • MOM Cost $225 for each pass
  • MOM Cost $30 for each Multiple Journey visa (if applicable)

How long it takes:

  • If you apply online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
  • For an overseas company without a Singapore-registered office: within 8 weeks for most cases.

Documents required:

  • Find out what you’ll need on this page.

Our eServices:

  • Apply for an EP
  • Check application status
  • EP Online – get the pass issued
  • Make an appointment
  • Check card delivery status

More MOM forms

Use the Self-Assessment Tool to check if your candidate qualifies. You should not apply if the Self-Assessment Tool shows that your candidate does not qualify.

These are the steps you’ll take to apply:

StepWho does thisResult
Submit an applicationEmployer or EAIn-principle approval letter or rejection letter
Get the pass issuedEmployer or EANotification letter
Register fingerprint and photo (if required)CandidateAcknowledgment of card delivery
Receive the cardAuthorised recipients or candidateEmployment Pass card


  • If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the Employment Pass is issued, we won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
  • You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.

You can submit an Employment Pass Application online

If you are an overseas company without a Singapore-registered office, you need to get your local sponsor to submit the application.

EP Online service

Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

To submit an application:

  1. Get a written consent to apply for Employment Pass from the candidate.
  2. Log in to our online service to fill up the application and upload the required documents.
  3. Pay MOM Cost $105 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
  4. Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
  5. If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.

Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.

The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states whether the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.

Only for companies not registered in Singapore: you need to get a local sponsor to submit the application.

Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

To submit:

  1. Get a written consent to apply for Employment Pass from the candidate.
  2. Download the Employment Pass (Sponsorship) application form (for online submission).
  3. Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
  4. Print the application form and get it signed.
  5. Pay MOM Cost $105 fee for each application by PayNow or FAST (Fast And Secure Transfers).
  6. Submit your application online. You need CorpPass, apply for CorpPass if you don’t have one. Include the following:
    • Completed and signed application form
    • Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
    • Supporting documents listed in the application form

It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required. You can check the application status online.

If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the contact person indicated in the application.

Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.

The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued.

When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval

Processing time: Immediate

The candidate must be in Singapore when you request for the E pass to be issued.

To get the pass issued:

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you will need).
  2. Provide a home or office address where you can receive the card.
  3. Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their NRIC, FIN, or passport number, mobile numbers, and email address.
  4. Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
    • MOM Cost $225 for each pass
    • (If applicable) MOM $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa
  5. When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Should be given to the candidate. It allows them to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
  • States if the candidate needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
  • Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.

What you’ll need

You will need the following information for issuing the pass:

  • Candidate’s passport details.
  • Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • Candidate’s residential address in Singapore. From 14 September 2018, the candidate’s residential address must meet the housing requirements before you can get the pass issued.
  • A local address where we can deliver the card.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details.

You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card).
  • Completed medical examination form or a health declaration form.
  • Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter. The form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or any person holding at least a managerial position in the company.
If the medical report is not ready, you can extend the candidate’s Short Term Visit Pass. Submit your request and a copy of the doctor’s confirmation.

When: Within 2 weeks after the pass is issued (if required)

Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photos.

For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). The candidate has to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.

The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:

  • Original passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter

When: 4 working days after registration or document verification

We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.

If the candidate does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.

You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.

Download SGWorkPass to scan the QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date, and more.

If card delivery fails

After 2 unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.

The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for card collection:

  • Candidate’s original passport
  • Notification letter

If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the employer
  • NRIC or passport for verification