Singapore Personalised Employment Pass Application Services Include:

  1. Liaise with Direct MOM officer in charge when necessary
  2. Filing of “Personalised Employment Pass Application”
  3. Pre-application information and advice on Employment Pass
  4. Assistance in completing the self-assessment tools with MOM
  5. Tracking Employment Pass application status while under processing
  6. Arranging for issuance of Employment Pass upon in-principle approval
  7. Responding to MOM’s request for additional information as necessary

Filing of a maximum of 2 appeals within 3 months from the date of rejection as per MOM’s guideline in case of rejection of Employment Pass application

Personalised Employment Pass

Get a quick overview of the “Apply Personalised Employment Pass” to decide if it is the right pass for you.

The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) visa was introduced to provide job flexibility for middle and senior foreign executives working in Singapore. Holders of this Personalised Employment Pass are entitled to stay in Singapore for up to 6 months in between jobs while seeking new employment opportunities. In addition, foreign executives with years of working experience are entitled to apply for this visa without first securing a job in Singapore.

This Personalised Employment Pass visa is awarded based on the individual applicant’s merits. The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) visa is equivalent to a P1 Employment Pass category but with the following benefits:

  1. The Personalised Employment Pass is valid for up to 3 years where the holders of this pass are not tied to any single one employer
  2. The Personalised Employment Pass holder does not have to cancel and re-apply for a new visa each time he/she changes a new job
  3. The Personalised Employment Pass holder can take on employment in any sector or industry
  4. Holders of this Personalised Employment Pass are permitted to stay in Singapore for a period of six months even without a job so as to allow them to evaluate employment or work opportunities.

The Personalised Employment Pass is also considered a self-sponsored work visa as one does not require a Singapore company sponsor to apply for this visa. Therefore, this Personalised Employment Pass serves as an ideal work visa for those who have not obtained a job offer in Singapore and are willing to find suitable employment in Singapore.

Note: If your PEP is expiring, you will need to get an Employment Pass or S Pass to continue working in Singapore. You do not have to cancel the existing PEP for your employer to apply for the new pass.

Eligibility and requirements for Personalised Employment Pass

Eligible high-earning foreign professionals can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass. Pass holders have greater job flexibility than with other work passes. However, they need to meet certain requirements to hold the pass.

Apply for a Personalised Employment Pass

You can submit a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) application online. The application takes around 8 weeks to process.

Foreigners who are overseas are urged to defer applying for new passes during this period until further notice.

Approvals for any new applications will be limited. Foreigners who are already in Singapore may continue to apply for passes.

These are the steps for applying:

StepWho does thisResult
Submit an applicationCandidateIn-principle approval letter or rejection letter
Get the pass issuedCandidate or EANotification letter
Register fingerprints and photo (if required)CandidateAcknowledgment of card delivery
Receive the cardAuthorised recipients or candidatePEP card

Apply Personalised Employment Pass

High-earning Employment Pass holders or overseas foreign professionals who meet the eligibility criteria

Candidate can apply directly

Submit the application:

  • MOM Cost $105 for each pass

Get the pass issued:

  • MOM Cost $225 for each pass
  • MOM Cost $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)

Within Eight weeks for most cases.

Current EP holders: at least $12,000 a month
Overseas foreign professionals: at least $18,000 a month

Up to 3 years

No. The PEP is issued only once

Available for certain family members of pass holders

No foreign worker levy or quota required

Personalised Employment Pass Application Procedure

You can apply for a Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you are:

  • An overseas foreign professional and your last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000. Your last drawn salary should have been within 6 months before you apply.
  • An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.

You are not eligible for the PEP if you are:

  • An Employment Pass holder under the sponsorship scheme.
  • A freelancer or foreigner who intends to work on a freelance-basis.
  • A sole proprietor, partner or where a director is also a shareholder in an ACRA-registered company.
  • A journalist, editor, sub-editor or producer.

Note: You are not allowed to start a business or conduct any form of entrepreneurial activity while on a PEP. If you intend to do so, you should apply for an EntrePass.

To keep holding a PEP, you must:

  • Not be unemployed in Singapore for more than 6 months at any time. Otherwise, you will need to cancel the pass.
  • Earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per calendar year, regardless of the number of months you are in employment.
  • Notify us of the following:
    • When you start or leave a job.
    • If you change your contact details, such as local contact person or address.
    • Your annual fixed salary. You need to declare it to us by 31 January of every year.

The PEP gives you greater job flexibility than other work passes:

  • You can generally hold a job in any sector. However, the PEP does not exempt you from complying with registration requirements to practise in Singapore for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc.
  • You do not need to re-apply for a new pass if you change jobs; you only need to notify us.
  • You can stay in Singapore for a continuous period of up to 6 months without a job to search for new employment.

Dependant’s Pass for your:

  • spouse (legally married).
  • children under 21 years of age.

Long Term Visit Pass for your:

  • common-law spouse.
  • unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old.
  • unmarried stepchildren under 21 years old.
  • parents.
You need to submit a separate application for each family member even if they currently hold a Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass. You can submit their applications along with the PEP application.

Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

To submit:

  1. Download the Personalised Employment Pass application form (for online submission).
  2. Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
  3. Print out the application form and get it signed.
  4. Pay MOM Cost $105 fee for each application by PayNow. You can use Telegraphic Transfer only if you can’t use PayNow. MOM will only process your application after MOM have received your payment.
If you useYou must
  • Have an internet banking account with a Singapore bank.
Telegraphic Transfer
  • Pay in Singapore dollars (SGD).
  • Inform your bank that you will pay all the bank charges imposed by your bank and our bank for the transfer.

Note: Depending on your bank, it may take up to 1 month for us to receive your payment.

  1. Submit your application online with SingPass and include the following:
    • Completed and signed application form
    • Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
    • Supporting documents listed in the application form
  • For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
  • We may ask for other documents when we review your application.

It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. You can check the application status online.

If you don’t have SingPass, you can submit the documents without SingPass.

If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the email indicated in the application. The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.

When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval

Processing time: Immediate

You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.

There are two ways to request the pass:

  • Use EP Online.
  • Over the counter, if you don’t have a SingPass.

EP Online

To get the pass issued:

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents
  2. Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
    • MOM $225 for each pass.
    • (If applicable) MOM $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa.
  3. When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
  • States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
  • Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.

Over the counter

You can now make an appointment to visit our Employment Pass Services Centre from 2 June 2020.

Due to Safe Reopening measures, the number of appointment slots will be limited. If you are unable to get a slot, you can consider these options:

  • Appoint an employment agent to get your pass issued using EP Online.
  • Extend the validity of your in-principle approval letter at least 3 days before it expires. You can also ask for a Short-Term Visit Pass to remain in Singapore.

What you’ll need

You will need the following information for the pass to be issued:

  • Your passport details.
  • Details of your current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • Your residential address in Singapore.
    From 14 September 2018, your residential address must meet the housing requirements before you can get the pass issued.
  • A local address where we can deliver your card.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details.

You may also need copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card).
  • Completed declaration form attached with your in-principle approval letter.

When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)

Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo.

For registration, you or your employment agent must make an appointment for you to visit EPSC. You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.

Bring along these documents for the appointment:

  • Original passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter

When: 4 working days after registration or document verification

We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register at EPSC and get your documents verified.

If you don’t need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.

You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.

Download SGWorkPass to scan the QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date, and more.

If card delivery is unsuccessful

After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.

You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for card collection:

  • Candidate’s original passport
  • Notification letter

If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the pass-holder
  • NRIC or passport for verification