Singapore Letter of Consent LOC Application Services Include:

  1. Pre-application information and advising on Singapore Letter of Consent
  2. Filing of (Letter of Consent Application)
  3. Tracking Letter of Consent application status while under processing
  4. Liaising with Direct MOM officer in charge, if required
  5. Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
  6. Arranging for issuance of Letter of Consent upon in-principle approval (IPA)
  7. Filing of unlimited appeal in case of rejection of LOC application

Letter of Consent (LOC) for eligible pass holders to work in Singapore, i.e. Dependant’s Pass holders, LTVP/LTVP+ holders who are spouse or unmarried children of a Singaporean or permanent resident.

Get An Overview About The Letter of Consent LOC

Eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders and Dependant’s Pass holders who want to work in Singapore

An employer or appointed employment agent needs to apply for the Letter of Consent

Yes. Find out how to renew

No foreign worker levy or quota required

Apply Letter of Consent ‘LOC’

You can (Apply Letter of Consent) to hire eligible LTVP or LTVP+ and Dependant’s Pass holders to work in Singapore.

Who can applyEmployer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costsNo application fee for LOC applications.
How long it takes

For Dependant’s Pass holder: Within 3 weeks for most cases.

For LTVP or LTVP+ holder: 1 week. Some cases will take more time.

Document requiredAdditional documents are required for selected professions.
Related eServices
  • EP Online – apply online or get the pass issued
  • Check application status
Candidates can only begin working after the employer receives the LOC.

The Letter of Consent (LOC) allows eligible Dependant’s Pass, LTVP or LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore if they find a job here.

Who is eligible

To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:

  • A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment PassEntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder.
  • An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.
  • An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.

If you are a dependant of an S Pass holder, you should apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead.

The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.

You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess.

The employer or appointed employment agent can apply for the Letter of Consent. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.

Duration of the LOC pass

The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:

  • What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
  • The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass.

The LOC stops being valid when:

  • The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires.
  • You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.

For selected professions, you will need to submit additional documents when applying for a Letter of Consent. These include healthcare professionals, lawyers and regional representatives.

  • For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
  • Other than these documents, we may ask for other documents when we review your application.

You will need to submit additional documents for these professions:

You will need:

  • A copy of the approval letter from Enterprise Singapore for setting up the representative office in Singapore.
  • A letter from the representative’s office headquarters stating:
    • The purpose of the application.
    • The duration of the candidate’s assignment.
    • A guarantee for the maintenance and repatriation of the candidate.

You will need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:

OccupationProfessional body
DentistSingapore Dental Council
Diagnostic radiographerAllied Health Professions Council
DoctorSingapore Medical Council
Emergency medical technicianUnit for Prehospital Emergency Care
Football player or coachSport Singapore
LawyerLegal Services Regulatory Authority
NurseSingapore Nursing Board
Occupational therapistAllied Health Professions Council
ParamedicUnit for Prehospital Emergency Care
PharmacistSingapore Pharmacy Council
PhysiotherapistAllied Health Professions Council
Radiation therapistAllied Health Professions Council
Speech therapistAllied Health Professions Council
TCM practitionerTraditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board

A copy of the foodshop licence issued by Singapore Food Agency (SFA).

If you have a new establishment and don’t have the licence yet, you can submit a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by SFA.

Processing time for Dependant’s Pass holder, within 3 weeks for most cases.

For LTVP or LTVP+, 1 week. Some cases will take more time.

To submit an application:

  1. Get a written consent to apply for the LOC from the candidate.
  2. Log in to EP Online to fill out the application and upload the required documents.
  3. Check your application status after 1 week. It may take longer if additional information is required.
  4. If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the Letter of Consent.