Singapore EntrePass Application Services Include:
- Pre-application advising on Singapore Entrepreneur Pass and gathering of the necessary information
- Drafting and preparing a business plan
- Preparing documentary requirements and filing of “EntrePass Application”
- Tracking of EntrePass application status while under processing
- Liaising with Direct MOM officer in charge, if required
- Responding to MOM’s requests for additional information, if any
- Arranging for issuance of EntrePass upon in-principle approval (IPA)
- Filing of unlimited appeal in case of rejection of EntrePass application
Apply EntrePass For Foreign Entrepreneurs
“Apply EntrePass” for foreign entrepreneurs to start a new business in Singapore.
Singapore EntrePass application services to render further assistance to entrepreneurs who are ready to incorporate a new private limited company in Singapore.
If you are a foreign entrepreneur who lacks the appropriate educational qualification or does not qualify under the Employment Pass scheme but has a proven track record of successful entrepreneurial experience and innovative ideas from overseas which could add to the entrepreneurial vibrancy in Singapore.
The application process for EntrePass is more complex than that for the Employment Pass. In addition, it requires a minimum paid-up capital amount of S$50,000.
Overview About The Entrepass Application
Eligible foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and operate a new business in Singapore
Candidate can apply directly
No stipulated minimum salary
- New pass or first renewal: 1 year
- Subsequent renewals: 2 years
Yes, upon meeting the renewal criteria
Available for certain family members of pass holders
No foreign worker levy or quota required
Entrepass Application Procedure
This work pass is intended for serial entrepreneurs, high-calibre innovators or experienced investors that want to operate a business in Singapore.
EntrePass is open to all nationalities.
You can apply for an EntrePass if you:
- Have started, or intend to start, a private limited company registered with ACRA.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
- If not registered, you can do so after you know the outcome of your application.
- Meet any of the following innovative criteria for application as an entrepreneur, innovator, or investor.
You do not need to meet all of the criteria for each respective profile or type, but having more qualifications would help your application.
Has funding from a government-recognised VC or business angel
Your company raised funding of at least $100,000 from a government investment vehicle, venture capitalist (VC), or business angel that is recognised by a Singapore Government agency. Examples include:
- Vertex Ventures
- SGInnovate (formerly Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd)
- Qualified investors on the StartupSG Equity scheme
- Venture partners on the Early Stage Venture Fund (ESVF) scheme
Is an incubatee at a government-recognised incubator or accelerator
Your company is an existing incubatee at an incubator or accelerator in Singapore that is recognised by the Government. Examples include:
- Incubators or accelerators in Enterprise Singapore’s Startup SG Accelerator Programme
- Accredited Mentor Partners under Startup SG Founder
- Accreditation@SGD Programme
- SGInnovate-linked incubation or acceleration programs.
Has a business network and entrepreneurial track record
You have significant business experience or network and a promising entrepreneurial track record of starting highly-scalable businesses and want to establish, develop, and manage a new or existing business in Singapore.
You must fulfill any of the following:
- You have founded and sold a tech company.
- You have raised significant funding from investors for a current or past venture.
- You have been or are being incubated by an internationally renowned incubator or accelerator.
- You have strong industry networks and business contacts that are related to your proposed business.
- You have received recognition by a national body, recognised media publication, or credible industry organisation for your professional, business, or entrepreneurial achievements and track record.
Holds an intellectual property
You or your company holds an intellectual property (IP), registered with an approved national IP institution, which delivers a significant competitive advantage to your proposed business that cannot be easily replicated.
You must fulfill all of the following:
- Your IP must be registered with an approved national IP institution.
- Your IP delivers a competitive advantage to your proposed business and cannot be easily replicated.
- One of the shareholders or the company must be the owner of the IP.
- Expired IP can be considered as long as one of the shareholders is the inventor of the IP.
Has research collaboration with an IHL or research institute in Singapore
Your company has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution under the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore.
- A*STAR Research Institutes
- Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) entities
- Institutes of Higher Learning (e.g. National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore Management University, the Polytechnics)
- Recognised non-profit and private sector research groups
You must fulfill all of the following:
- The research collaboration must be related to your proposed business.
- The research institution needs to provide a contact person to verify details of the research collaboration.
- You must be involved with ongoing research collaboration.
- Contract of services is not considered to be research collaboration.
Has extraordinary achievements in key areas of expertise
You have exceptional technical or domain expertise in an area related to your proposed business.
You must fulfill all of the following:
- Your area of expertise must be related to your proposed business.
- You have outstanding achievements or received international recognition in your area of technical or domain expertise.
Has an investment track record
You have a good track record of investing in businesses and want to grow new or existing businesses in Singapore.
You are willing to invest a substantial amount of money in a local company and have a track record in one of the following:
- Investing in and driving the growth of highly-scalable businesses.
- Substantial experience (minimum 8 years) as a senior management professional or executive in a large corporation.
To find out more about the eligibility criteria, you can contact the following participating government or government-linked agencies:
For EntrePass application and appeal matters, send us online feedback.
Businesses that are not eligible
The following businesses are not eligible for an EntrePass:
- Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts.
- Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges.
- Foot reflexology, massage parlours.
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing businesses.
- Employment agencies.
- Geomancy business.
You must meet all the following criteria to renew your EntrePass on annual basis. Entrepass is suitable for those who has the low qualification and intended to start his/her own business in Singapore.
- The company must employ at least two (four from second-year forward), full-time local employees;
- The company must demonstrate total local business spending (TBS) of $100,000 ($150,000 from second-year forward) over the past 12 months;
- Latest audited accounts;
- Central Provident Fund statements for the employees;
- Highest educational certificates of employees;
- Tenancy agreements;
- Company registration information from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority;
- Corporate bank statements for the past three months;
- Referral letters from customers; and
- Recent invoices issued/contracts awarded.